Art can come across as fancy and intimidating. Sometimes you don’t even know where to begin. Here are 5 tips to get started and help you pick out some pieces you love! *Cost saving tip! Rip out pages from magazines or newspapers and frame them.
- Color Scheme: To begin, determine if you have certain color preferences or a style you’re trying to stick to. Abstract, modern, classic, prints, landscape, etc.
- Mix It Up: It’s OK to take some risks and mix high end and low end or oversize with small and vintage with new. Mix canvas with framed art or your kids artwork with a more mature print.
- Lacking character? Art can fix this by elevating a space, adding meaning and personality. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box – this is an area of decorating where you can bend the rules a bit and have fun with it! It can be moved easily and isn’t so permanent as other pieces you already have in your home.
- Art fits into any room: From the bedroom to the bathroom, art can be used anywhere.
- Go BIG: Large art pieces can open up a space and make it feel bigger and can be a focal point for a room. Maybe a big piece above your bed or couch.
Some pieces that caught my eye…
Cute for an office.
If you love pink, this one is for you!
Minimal. Love the colors.
I’m a sucker for these vintage posters. Every. single. one. of. them!
Leonardo Da Vinci’s ‘Horse & Rider.’
This may not be a favorite, but I like her! I could see this in a moody room.
Love these on their own or grouped in with a gallery wall.
Friends inspired 🙂
A pretty pastel print.
Gotta love cow art. Would look SO cute in a breakfast corner.
A fun, graphic piece to go in a bedroom or bathroom.
Move inspired posters. These would look awesome framed and put in a movie room.
Good luck with finding a piece that speaks to you! It will look amazing!